- I’m leaving the plant(ation) soon, I know I’ve stated that over and over but saying it just brings so many positive emotions. One tiny tear of joy drops across my cheeks and falls on the old ass keyboard as I am typing this sentence. It’s been an interesting stay here at the plant(ation), I’m going to miss the people I’ve grown close to, I’ve made friends here, got to meet so many wonderful characters. I’m going to miss those d’bags, and the rumours about illicit sexual activity during night shift on weekends used to fill my blue Mondays with tinges of yellow and orange, I’m going to miss that too but I gotta move start a new chapter. The thought of starting over just electrifies my cerebrum, I can’t wait ’til the 31st July 2009!
- Somebody close to me is deep in debt and I always seem to be the one bailing them out, I really don’t mind borrowing her money ’cause they she used to borrow me money all the time when I was dead broke but I’m now reluctant to do so, I’ll be jobless next month and I have to save money for textbooks, tuition and transport costs seeing that I’m going back to do Design 3 and all. The problem is if I don’t borrow her the money she might find herself in court. This is one of the things that makes me be scared of taking things on credit, Everybody looks at me funny when I tell them that I’ve bought everything I own cash. I only have my student loan to worry about for now. I wanted a laptop last year but I couldn’t afford to buy it cash and I ended up not buying it, everybody was urging me to take it on credit and I was scared to, it was probably for the better.
- Most of the blogs that I used to read on the regular seemed to be on a go-slow. What’s more interesting is that they all stopped blogging regularly at around the same time. No announcement stating why they have been on a go-slow, nothing! I know that not everybody has the luxury of getting paid to sit on their asses the whole day like I do but still a post a week is not a hard thing to ask.lol.
- I recently grew tired of my PC crashing every month so I ordered a free Linux ubuntu live CD ’cause clearly XP has a grudge against me. The CD will be delivered in two weeks or so but I’m afraid to switch sides so to speak, from what I have gathered by reading stuff of the Internet is that to do most things on Linux you need Internet connection to download codecs etc. I don’t have home Internet connection plus all my engineering software including the best design engineering software to ever be created, Autodesk inventor (no, really, this software is the shits) all run on Windows and so far I haven’t found an open source alternative to any of them. How will I be able to enjoy Linux without Internet, geeks, help me out on this one!
- Doing final touch ups to the report I’m supposed to send to the exam department next week Monday. It is the most half-arsed, useless report I’ve ever written. It’s weak, I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m politely asked to do another six months stint at another plant(ation) and re-submit a more solid report. I just hope, their lenient (As if.pfft.)