- My landlady and I have been doing a good job avoiding each other, we live in the same house but we’ve only managed to see each other twice (she still locks herself in her room) in almost four days, she’s still crazy and trying all things to piss me off but I’m not going to give her the satisfaction of flipping out. It’s really sad that the situation has come to this, I really had no problem with her, I thought she was a nice person but now that her house has finally been sold and she doesn’t need someone to rip off her true colours are showing. I’m glad I now know what kind of person she is.
- For the first time in my life I was excited at the thought of getting sick, I was sneezing all over the place and I had a sore throat ( happens every time I’m about to get flu or some sort of lung infection). I was disappointed when my immune system decided to do its job and scare off whatever was trying to colonize my respiratory system. Guess I won’t be going on sick leave anytime soon.
- I really don’t know why Afrikaner males like to say that they have difficulty finding a job because of Employment Equity/Affirmative Action, I’ve been browsing for posts these past two days and it occurred to me that about a third of Engineering posts require an applicant to be proficient in both English and Afrikaans. For historical reason, Black people are reluctant to learn Afrikaans, so would it be correct of me to assume that some companies are deliberately trying to scare off Black applicants and that Afrikaner males have nothing to worry about? After spending 8 months at the plant (ation), I wouldn’t be surprised if that actually is the case!
- Speaking of Job hunting, I’ve just realized how hard it is to find a job half-arsed and by half-arsed, I mean searching for a job part-time while working/studying. It seems that looking for a job is a full-time job by itself, only looking for a job when I have time clearly isn’t working for me.
- I had one of those depressing epiphanies last night while I trying hard not to yell f words in the direction of the room the landlady had locked herself in, I browsed through my contacts on my phone and realized that I wouldn’t be able to hold a decent phone conversation with more than half the people in my phone book. This saddens me ’cause just about a year ago, I was close with the people in my phonebook. What happened? Have I been so caught up in my own world that I forgot about maintaining my relationships?
- My days at that place that I promised not to bitch about any more are getting more and more harder spend. It was easy to tolerate the BS at the Plant( ation) ’cause I had two people that I talked to about my frustrations there. One was sent to another plant to run a project there and the other has just resigned and I’m now left alone to deal with the people I work with, couple that with what has been going on at my place of residence and the fact that I haven’t found alternative accommodation and my job hunt that’s proving to be fruitless, things aren’t looking good for the Nappy Headed Pro but my life has a way of sorting itself out and even if it doesn’t, I’ll come out stronger in the end!